Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Ramblings

Yesterday I finished John Adams and now that I'm done it feels like I have said goodbye to a friend I won't see again. I thoroughly enjoyed the book. I have a lot of respect and admiration for the man, John Adams, and even more so for David McCullough, the historian who wrote it. To compile such a rich biography using so many wonderful documents makes this book like a fine, pieced quilt. Each piece, large or small, adds to its overall beauty. If you haven't read the book, I highly recommend it.

I have been trying to plan my return home tonight and I have decided that I'm really not looking forward to leaving here. I have had such a great time. I have learned a lot and spent a lot of time out and about seeing the sights of New England. I have met some great people. I feel so blessed for having had this opportunity. I don't know why I should be so blessed but I am truly thankful.

I am looking forward to getting home to see my kids and my kitties and go back to my real job, if it's still mine. I have so many things I want and need to do when I get home before the semester starts again in the fall. I am anxious to get started getting my house in order. I am definitely not looking forward to loading up my car for the long drive. I brought too much stuff with me to Boston and since I've been here I've added a lot more stuff. What was I thinking??

I also have some thinking to do about the future. Do I want to go on to get a Master's degree (I'm considering Library Science) or do I just want to be done with school and try to find a job in family history. This is a big decision that is going to require a lot of pondering, fasting, and prayer. If you're reading this, leave me a comment with your opinion.

1 comment:

LSnow said...

Debbie,
I think working in an archive would be heaven but I'm not sure I have the determination to get a master's degree. You are so close to your bachelors that you should continue and get your masters in library science. I think you would love it if you can stand the extra schooling.
Liz