Thursday, May 29, 2008

Working vacation

Tonight after work I flew to DC to help my daughter get moved into her new home. She is closing on the sale tomorrow. I am very excited for her. Today is also her birthday!

To get to the Logan airport, I took the train from downtown which involved bringing my bag with me to work and then hauling it around with me on all my bus and train connections. Fortunately I packed light and so it wasn't too bad. The only down side was that the trains were running a little slower today because of a serious accident yesterday in which a train conductor was killed when her train slammed into the back of another train. I guess the train conductors were being a little extra cautious. Anyways, that caused the trains to fill up more than usual. It is very awkward being crammed in a train with a backpack and a small duffel bag.

My daughter says we are going to go kayaking on the Potomac on Monday! I'm excited and a little nervous. She assures me that the kayaks are more like canoes and I won't have to keep my legs trapped inside it so that might not be too bad. It will be something to look forward to.

My camera broke! I will have to get a new one. Hopefully I will be able to pick one up while I am in DC.

No comments: